I become an alumna of UMass Lowell today. I am so proud of this university and how quickly it is becoming such a top notch higher education facility. I am forever grateful for the opportunities it has provided me and how its community has helped me develop leadership skills and grow into what I believe to be a strong woman. It also led me to have a passion for service and to my very best friend. I am proud of what I have already accomplished, and I am excited for what my future holds.
1. I love beards.
2. My friends call me the Athena of bacon.
3. My ultimate life dream is to own a successful diner.
4. I will graduate (tomorrow, actually) with degrees in Psychology and Sociology.
5. I love dogs.
6. Cliche, but my family is a significant part of my life, and I am so lucky to have such a solid support system.
7. I am going to be a middle school math teacher for Boston Public Schools in the fall through Teach for America.
8. There is nothing that turns me off from a person more than not being able to take responsibility for his or her actions.
9. I procrastinate everything.
10. I have finally learned to be proud of myself, and I know my self worth, and that has been the most freeing transformation of my life.
I graduate tomorrow morning.